Braces for Kids
Proper tooth and jaw alignment isn’t just an aesthetic benefit—a straight smile ensures a healthier future. Misaligned teeth can lead to tooth decay, gum disease, head and shoulder pain and much more. So, it is important to treat your child’s orthodontic problems when they’re young in order to set their future smiles up for success.
Does Your Child Need Braces?
If you’re beginning to notice that your child’s teeth are looking crooked or that their bite is off, it may be time to consider braces. Especially if they:
- Sucked their thumbs
- Used pacifiers for an extended period of time
- Grind their teeth
- Press their tongue against their teeth
Orthodontic issues usually arise in children beginning around age 10 and into the teen years but can surface much earlier, too. If your child has their permanent teeth and you suspect that they need to visit an orthodontist, Miami-native Dr. Grussmark is here to help. He and his team of professionals can properly assess and determine whether or not it is time to discuss options for braces.
The Importance of a Straight Smile
- Improved health – Misaligned mouths can lead to gum diseases, tooth decay, and other health problems that extend beyond the teeth. Straight teeth leave less room for food and bacteria to get caught.
- Easier to maintain – Straight teeth are easier to brush and floss. Crooked or overlapping teeth are difficult to floss between.
- Aesthetically pleasing – A straight smile can boost your child’s confidence. If they are self-conscious about their teeth, they might be averse to smiling or showing their mouths.
Orthodontic Treatments for Children
Talk to Dr. Grussmark about what orthodontic treatments your child can qualify for, including traditional braces or Invisalign. There are certain prerequisites that patients of any age must meet before resorting to orthodontic treatment, and Dr. Grussmark will be happy to walk you through those options.
Children’s Orthodontist in Miami, FL
Dr. Grussmark and the staff at the Centre for Braces in Miami are more than happy to answer questions you may have about your child’s dental health. Traditional braces, Invisalign, or other orthodontic procedures can greatly benefit your child’s overall health. Talk to our helpful staff today to see if your child is a candidate for braces.